Welcome to the latest in an occasional series on web browser traffic to nzpost.co.nz. The site gets a fair bit of usage, around 2.6 million visits in the last 30 days, and so provides a reasonably good sample of the browsers New Zealanders are using.
You need to know:
- these figures are rounded from Google Analytics for the site nzpost.co.nz
- all volumes in charts are percentages
- let us know what else we can share
Trade Me are regularly updating their browser usage figures but they are quite different from ours in some areas, probably in large part reflecting that a large proportion of our customers are businesses.
- Internet Explorer’s downward trend continues, it’s now below 40%
- Chrome has increased steadily and now accounts for 25% of all browsers
- Firefox is now has the smallest share of the big four
- IE 10 has overtaken IE9
- although IE8 still has over 45% share it is declining
- Despite a decline in Windows it still has close to 70% share
- iOS is now the number two OS
Visits by Windows OS
- Windows 7 continues to dominate
- XPs decline is steady but still accounts for nearly a quarter of all Windows visits
Android has increased about 10% from the same time last year, and iOS has decreased by the same amount. Visits on mobile devices have nearly doubled from the same period last year.
Mobile screen resolution
Google Analytics reports nearly 40% of mobile device resolutions are “not set”. These figures are from the remainder of the data.
Have a Merry Christmas and holiday season!