Update, 18 July: we have postponed the release until tomorrow morning (19 July). We had a few bugs to resolve which we’ve now done, so it’s looking good and is ready to go.
On Wednesday 18 July we are are changing the way login works on nzpost.co.nz.
If you regularly log in you may notice minor differences. However all account related activities such as register, login, reset a forgotten password, change email address, and change password are available.
Apart from the new look, the two biggest changes are to help protect your account:
- after 10 failed login attempts the account will be locked
- you’ll be logged out after 4 hours. If you select “Remember Me” when you log in you’ll remain logged in for 2 weeks.
With one New Zealand Post account you can access a wide range of services, and a shared login service makes it easier for you (and us!) to manage your account.
We’ll gradually move our existing websites to the new login (Send A Card was the first to adopt this), and future New Zealand Post online services will use the new login.
In addition, the new system works better on smartphones which are used more and more to access our services.
What’s not affected
At this stage Mover Services (Holds, Redirects and Change My Address), Stamps, Box Bag Renewal, and other services that don’t require login such as the PostShop Locator and the shiny new Address & Postcode Finder are not affected.
You mean I can login?
If you didn’t know you could log in and you use our services, here are 6 reasons you should consider registering:
- credit cards, delivery addresses and billing addresses can be stored for super fast checkout
- you can access your order history
- you can easily reorder based on a previous order you’ve made
- tracking numbers can be saved so you don’t need to re-enter them each time you check the status of your tracked parcels
- you can link your account to Trade Me for a better tracking experience, including linking a tracking number to an auction and easily sharing the tracking details with a buyer
- and we’ll add more services over time.
What will it look like?
Existing Register screen
New Register screen
Existing Login screen
New Login screen
We’re always keen to hear your feedback so don’t be shy about leaving a comment.