It’s been a huuuge year for the Online Team at New Zealand Post, a few of the highlights from 2011 include:
- released beta versions of all the most popular online tools and calculators
- linking of Trade Me accounts to New Zealand Post online accounts to make Tracking more powerful and easier for online traders – link to your Trade Me account and name items based on your auctions, and easily share the auction’s tracking number with the buyer/seller
- introduction of online postage printing
- a completely revamped mobile web site
- registering on the site went from a long and tedious form of doom to a three field breeze, and online registrations went through the roof as a result
- we also added many features that make Tracking much easier to use if you are logged in. These include remembering previous tracking results, adding a parcel name to a tracking number, and sharing tracking details via email. If you regularly track parcels with us and you don’t have a log in, register and give it a go
- tracking notifications – if you have a log in we email you when your parcel’s tracking status changes
- continued development of our Twitterbot
- continued development of our iPhone App
- piles of customer feedback! This is perhaps the most exciting thing for us, learning something about our customers every single day – best of all in many cases we have the opportunity to make things better as a result of the feedback.
So, as we log off for a few days and enjoy a break, we wish you all a very merry Christmas. Have a happy and safe Christmas and a prosperous New Year! We look forward to bringing you many new and exciting developments in 2012.